5 to 8
Welcome to St. John Paul II Catholic School
St. John Paul II is a grade 5-8 learning community serving Fort Saskatchewan and surrounding area with an enrollment of near 400 students. Over the years, St. John Paul II has developed a reputation for its caring, Catholic environment where teachers reach out to nurture students enabling all to become the best that they can be.
Our strength is the commitment of staff to creating as many opportunities as possible for students. The school offers a wide range of rich academic programs from grade 5 to 8. As this site was a former high school, St. John Paul II is equipped to offer an array of unique option programs from construction technologies to photography and musical theatre.
Faith plays a prominent role in our building and throughout our daily classes. The teachings of Christ are infused across all subjects and students are encouraged to walk in the footsteps of Jesus Christ. This year, our division theme is "We are all God's masterpieces" and it is our goal to ensure that all of our students understand that they were created in the image and likeness of God, each possessing unique skills and abilities to benefit those around them.
St. John Paul II Catholic School is a Christ-centered community devoted to fostering personal growth in all of our students and developing meaningful connections that encourage respect for self, others and our environment.
The following belief statements reflect the operant values at St. John Paul II Catholic School and serve to guide all decision-making.
We believe that:
- God exists within every human heart;
- Students receive the best nurturing in a safe and caring environment;
- All students have gifts and talents which need encouragement and development;
- Teachers teach because they care about society’s future;
- The pursuit of excellence in curricular and co-curricular activities is an investment in a student’s future;
- A positive/open school climate encourages stakeholders to participate in the many aspects of the school program;
- Students should have choices/responsibilities in developing their programs;
- Success promotes positive student attitudes.
Programs and Services
- Sports for Life Program
- Musical Theatre