9 - 12
Welcome to St. John Paul II Catholic School
St. John Paul II is a grade 9-12 learning community serving Fort Saskatchewan and surrounding area with an enrollment of 325 students. Over the years St. John Paul II has developed a reputation for its caring, Catholic environment where teachers reach out to nurture students enabling all to become the best that they can be.
Our strength is the commitment of staff to creating as many opportunities as possible for students.
The school offers a full academic program including Advanced Placement courses, academic and non academic programs, a rich CTS program and an expanding fine arts program. St. John Paul II students participate in the Edmonton Metro league for Athletics and leadership opportunities are plentiful.
As part of our faith formation program, retreats are made available at all grade levels and all students must engage in service learning projects in conjunction with their Religion program. Get involved in school activities to make your experience at St. John Paul II richer than you think.
We are a Catholic community committed to developing educational opportunities in the context of Gospel values, where students’ gifts and talents are celebrated and nurtured through lifelong spiritual and personal experiences.
The following belief statements reflect the operant values at St. John Paul II Catholic School and serve to guide all decision-making.
We believe that:
- God exists within every human heart;
- Students receive the best nurturing in a safe and caring environment;
- All students have gifts and talents which need encouragement and development;
- Teachers teach because they care about society’s future;
- The pursuit of excellence in curricular and co-curricular activities is an investment in a student’s future;
- A positive/open school climate encourages stakeholders to participate in the many aspects of the school program;
- Students should have choices/responsibilities in developing their programs;
- Success promotes positive student attitudes.