A HUGE thank you to all who attended the Graduation Banquet at the Shaw Conference Centre, as it was a wonderful event! We were very proud of you all!! You all looked amazing!!
Grad Gowns are ready for pickup. They are available in Rm 212, Ms. Zaleschuk's office. Grads may store them there until the rehearsal Friday if they wish.
Grad Walk 2018 was a huge success! The students who were able to walk the halls of St. John XXIII and OLA were treated to the hallways lined with the children celebrating them!
***Ticket sales will run from Monday, June 4, 8:30 am- Friday, June 8, 3:06 pm.
Grad Mass- Friday, June 15, 2018, 5:00 pm OLA Parish
Commencements: Friday, June 15, 2018, 7:00 pm
This event has the graduates will be sitting on stage and each graduate is allowed to bring 5 guests.
IF YOU REQUIRE MORE THAN 5 TICKETS- they will be sold first come, first served and you MUST pay IN PERSON, in order to reserve your place.
IF YOU DO NOT REQUIRE MORE THAN 5 TICKETS, you may pay on PowerSchool, but must contact Mrs.Roth (780-992-0889)in order to activate this in PowerSchool.
*** No extra tickets will be sold until all the invited Graduates have had a chance to purchase their tickets in the first round. A further note, this event is open only to those students who are eligible to Graduate. A Grad list will be posted outside Mr. Stecyk's door with an update by next week.
Commencement Rehearsal: Friday, June 15, 2018 1:00 pm-3:00pm
Gown, Stole and Mortarboard pickup are available in Rm. 212. All Graduates are responsible for this and are required to bring it to the DCC for Commencement Ceremonies and other than the mortarboard and the tassel, the gown and stole must be turned in at the end of the evening. ***Please write your name in your Mortarboard and securely attach the tassel. These items are your keepsake, and the gown and stole will be returned at the end of the evening.
Baby Photo Slide Show
At your commencements ceremony this upcoming June, there will be a slide show of your grad picture and a baby photo that plays as you walk the stage and receive your diploma. What I need from you guys is to pick out your favourite baby picture of you (we only need one) and email it to either myself, Taylor Hrynchuk email@example.com or Kaylee Martynfirstname.lastname@example.org along with the photo please include the first and last name of the grad.
Grad video- Scott and Eric are in need of childhood photos for the video. Birthday parties, track and field days, playground photos, or any photo from your childhood you'd like to see in the Grad video. Please take a photo and email these directly to DlouhyEric@gmail.com or email@example.com.
1. Grad Gown Heights. We don't really need this until May, however, if you have not been measured, please see the measuring chart taped on the outside of Ms. Zaleschuk's door, Rm 212. You may inform Emily Bartz of Ms. Zaleschuk or Mrs. Gau of your height or gown length.
2. Grad Photos:
Appointment booking information is as follows:
Sign up for your Graduation Portrait Session Now! Just go to:
- scroll down to Choose Your Location (St. John Paul II)
- follow the steps to sign up for your appointment time
If you are coming for retakes, please bring back your original set of proofs. You will have the option to get retakes at no charge if you return all the proofs or you can pay the sitting fee again and have the opportunity to order from both sets.
Grad Photo Retakes: Tuesday, March 6th. St. John Paul II Class of 2018, you can now sign up for your grad retake session (or first time).Just go to www.lifetouch.ca/northernalbe
If you are unable to make it to this photo session at the school you can also book an appointment at the Lifetouch studio. To book a studio session please call 780-437-2431.
3. GRAD MEETING FOR PARENTS: ***IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE: PLEASE KNOW DUE TO A CONFLICT, THE GRAD PARENT MEETING HAS BEEN CHANGED TO MONDAY, OCT. 30. 7:00 pm, Library.
4. Josten Ring Sales: Wednesday and Thursday, November 1&2, 2017. Graduation Rings have changed! There are more ways than ever to express yourself and commemorate your graduation. Visit http://www.jostens.com/ and start designing your custom piece of class jewelry today. Catalogues are also available at the office. The Jostens Ring Man will be here to help you place your order on Nov. 1 & 2, during the lunch hour, in the cafeteria.
5. Grad Clothing: Grad Wear Order Forms are now available! Fittings will take place Thursday, Nov. 30-Tuesday, Dec. 5th. FINAL SALES will be FRIDAY, DEC. 8/17. Products supplied by Robb Dyky at R&M Promotions! The order forms can be found in the front office or in this link Grad 2018 Clothing Order Form
GRAD CLOTHING: There will be one more Grad Clothing blitz starting today until Thursday, Feb. 15. Order forms can be found in the front office or at this link. Grad Wear 2018
Grad Gown Pickup
REQUIREMENTS TO ATTEND BANQUET AND COMMENCEMENT CEREMONIES.
School Fees and Grad Fees:
***Please know that until the all school fees, including grad fees are paid, your child will be unable to attend the Grad Banquet on Saturday, May 13 and the Commencement Exercises, Friday, June 16.
(Grad fees include: sitting fee, Handshake photo, group photo, cap and gown rental, etc. )
**Should you only owe Grad fees- if these are not paid in full, you are responsible for the sitting fee for Grad photos taking place in January, 2017.
Your prompt attention to this matter can be rectified with the front office. Please call or come in to take care of this with Mrs. Roth.
If you have any questions, you can call Mr. Tymko.
Grade 12 Graduation Expectations:
In order to participate in the graduation celebrations, the graduate MUST attend class. Failure to attend classes will result in withdrawal from that course and potentially prohibit Graduation. School Administration will post 4 grad lists throughout the year: November, January, April & June. If you are NOT on the Grad List, it is your responsibility to speak to Mr. Tymko regarding your status.
**NOTE: Parents CANNOT call to “blanket excuse” their child from classes; this is not our policy and will not be supported as it impedes student learning and student success. This includes ALL students, even those 18 years and older J Thank you for helping us nurture responsible citizens!